Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Witchcraft

When the word witchcraft comes to mind, most people think of evil women flying on broom sticks and casting spells turning people into frogs, but it is so much more than that. Witchcraft is a practice that has been around for many centuries, and it has made its mark in our literature and cultural traditions today. It is also still practiced around the world in many forms. So the question arises, do I believe in witchcraft? I believe in witchcraft to some extent, but I draw the line when it comes to having miraculous magical powers. There is only so much I can sanely let myself believe in. Growing up, I was a big fan of movies like Hocus Pocus, Double Double Toil and Trouble, and Practical Magic. So it is to no surprise that I am doing a blog over witchcraft. My main focus is going to be on the Salem witchcraft trials that took place in the 1600’s in Salem, Massachusetts. Throughout the blog we will explore many aspects of how and why these trials took place. It is amazing and will be to your benefit to find out how such a thing like witchcraft can put a major dent in our history books.

No comments:

Post a Comment